Test & Evaluation
Weapons, Ammunition & Armor Testing
Testing and evaluating different type of Small Arms, Light Weapons Ammunition, and Armor Materials & Ballistic Resistance Systems for Military & Law Enforcement applications according to various international testing standards:
(NATO, MIL-STD, NIJ, C.I.P., EN, VPAM, ISO & PAS)
JODDB ballistic testing facility is a UKAS accredited testing organization, (No.4515) the testing facility complies with requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. To see full list of the UKAS accredited tests, please visit UKAS Website and search for JODDB https://www.ukas.com
-Testing of military light weapons ammunition (9x19mm, 5.56x45mm, 7.62x51mm and 12.7x99mm) according to NATO AEP-97 standard and MIL-Specifications.
-Testing of non-military light weapons ammunition according to C.I.P. test requirements.
-Testing of military light weapons (Pistol 9mm, Carbine 5.56mm, Machine Gun 7.62mm & Machine Gun 0.50) according to MIL-Specifications and TOP 3-2-045.
-Testing of non-military light weapons (Pistols 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 45 ACP & 12 gauge shotguns) according to NIJ standard and C.I.P. test requirements.
Ballistic Materials Testing:
-Testing of Vehicle Armored Plate Materials against KE and FSP threats according to NATO STANAG 4569 / AEP 55 standard (L1-L6).
-Testing of Personal Body Armor against KE and FSP threats according to STANAG / AEP 2920 Standards.
-Testing of Vehicle Armored Plate Materials according to VPAM PM 2007 standard.
-Testing of Vehicle and Building Armored Glass according to EN 1063 and ISO 16935 standards.
-Testing of Armored Systems (Windows, Doors, Shutters, Blinds and structures) according to BS EN 1522 /1523 standards.
-Testing of Armored Protective Materials according to NIJ 0108.01 standard.
-Testing of Ballistic Helmets according to NIJ 0106.01 Standard.
-Testing of Personal Body Armor according to NIJ 0101.04 and NIJ 0101.06 standards.
-Testing of Stab Resistant Body Armor System according to NIJ 0115.00 Standard.
Ballistic Vehicle Testing:
-Testing of non-military Special Protected Vehicles according to VPAM BRV 2009, VPAM ERV 2010 and PAS 300 Standards (Ballistic, blast, hand grenades and Anti-Personnel mines).
Field Firing Trials:
- Field firing trials based on system's specifications and customer requirements.
-Testing of medium and large caliber weapons and systems.
-Testing of soldier support equipment and system
- Automotive Land systems testing
Test and Evaluation Centre conducts tests for wheeled and tracked vehicles according to international Standards, the tests include:
- General Characteristics of vehicles according to (ISO, ITOP,SAE):
- Vehicle performance according to (STD ” JS 1061:1998 ” and EEC 92/22, ISO, ITOP)
- Obstacle Crossing Capabilities according to Intentional Operational Test Procedure (ITOP)
- Ergonomics according to (ISO, ITOP, MIL-STD)
- Durability and Endurance according to International Test Operations Procedures (ITOP)
- Recoverability according to Intentional Operational Test Procedure (ITOP)
- Environmental testing (exposure to dust and rain)
- Electrical and electronic system testing
- General characteristics of electrical, electronic and smart systems.
- Electrical /Electronic Systems performance (line/non line of site communication, Field of view, Battery capacity life and Charging time, input power, power consumption, …. ) according to design specifications, MIL standards and International Test Operations Procedures (ITOPs).
- Environmental testing of electronic systems including:
- High temperature tests storage and operational procedures according to MIL-STD-810G.
- Low temperature tests storage and operational procedures according to MIL-STD-810G.
- Humidity tests cyclic and aggravated procedures according to MIL-STD-810G.
- Rain test blowing rain procedure according to MIL-STD-810G.
- Water ingress protection IPx7 according to IEC60529.
- Dust ingress protection IP5x and IP6x according to IEC60529.
- Maintainability of electronic and smart systems.
- Transportability of electronic systems.